In looking into many different Internet Marketing propositions available, I have discovered some very definite "red flags" that are common to most MLM type scams on the internet.
1) I always avoid companies that want you to purchase a lot of product or inventory before you begin selling. MLM scams will often require that you purchase items before your associate account is "activated"(You won't find that here!)
2) Thanks to our Litigious society, almost all internet business opportunities have resorted to placing a "Terms" link somewhere on their main page. It may be hidden, or hard to find, BUT LOOK FOR IT and READ IT. I cannot over emphasize this! It is amazing the people I have talked to who didn't read the fine print before they had invested time (and unfortunately often money) before the realized how much more they had to pay to even begin to see any income (and it normally won't be enough to cover your costs!)
3) Does the "Business" actually have a product, or is their product you (meaning, if you join, is your main job getting others to join)? Be especially wary of sites that promise great income without having to sell anything! They just want you to buy in to their downline, make a quick buck off of your membership, and then hope you go out and get more suckers to fall into line below you!
tomorrow--more things to look for!
Charlie
14 years ago

